Sunday 15 May 2011

16, 17, 18, 19 - Civil Liberties

Source: Core Text on Constitutional and Administrative Law

Following is the summary of this chapter:

1) Freedom and the liberties in the UK - (a) Distinction between civil rights and human rights (b) Introduction to European Convention and Human Rights (c) Introduction to Human Rights Act (d) Remedies for breach

2) Freedom Expression - (a) Control of obscenity and decency (b) Contempt of Court

3) Police Powers - (a) Introduction to the Police and criminal Evidence Act (b) Powers to stop and search (c) Powers to detain and arrest (d) Powers to enter property, search and seizure (e) Willful obstruction of duty buy police

4) Freedom of Assembly and Public Order - (a) Rights and freedoms (b) Breach of peace (c) Common law preventive powers (d) Introduction to the Public Order Act

3 comments:

  1. Hey I wanted to you, I know I am a bit late in starting now but I have to give paper on 6th July but not really sure which books to buy, I looked up on amazon, should I get the latest additions or would previous additions do? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi, pls is there anyone that has written the mcq test in febuary? I would like a comment on what it was like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ avi.travis - Where the law has not changed much, previous editions should do. eg I dont think much has changed in contract law for the past couple of years...

    ReplyDelete